Friday, September 17, 2010

Do Nothing Day!

So after a looong 11 days at work I once again have a weekend to call my own!  Tomorrow has been hereby dubbed "Do nothing day," so that I can relax and enjoy the weekend.  

I have a short list of acceptable do nothing day activities and they are as follows:
 Sleep in! [with no alarm clocks!]
     Lounge around and watch a movie
         Catch up on the last episode of Psych for the fall
              Sit out on the deck or by the river
                  Visit the ice cream place

Yes, that means I am in fact doing something during the day, but the term 'do nothing' can be easily translated into 'do whatever I want to relax' for the day.  :o)  Obviously, I make up my own rules for the day and can easily adapt them to suit my fancy. 
Some weekends I tend to make a list of things to do around the house, errands to run or new places I should check out and see, but in the end tend to not complete it or feel unproductive when I side-track away from the list. Of course, I'd like to get out and use the free time to explore a little bit more in the area and find some great places but that will have to wait for another weekend.

Who knows?  Maybe once I wake up tomorrow I'll be full of motivation to get out and do things, so we'll have to wait and see what the day will bring. 

Catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment