Monday, August 24, 2015

a Quilt Top in 9 Patch

Since I forgot to linkup my July finish, I'm making sure to have the August goal finished.  My goal was to get the 9 Patch blocks sewn into a top. It was fun to twist these up while deciding on the actual layout since the dark & light halves are very eye-catching. Here's which layout I chose -as I liked the almost-symmetricality of the light and dark check marks/chevrons.

I've got this quilt already basted and even started on the quilting over the weekend! So far I've been playing with the triangle/angles for the quilting designs. Linking up at Fiber of All Sorts for the August finishes of  A Lovely Year of Finishes.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Primary Mosaic Combo

I'm having such fun this summer it's hard to keep up, but some adventuring updates are coming soon. In the meantime, Stitched in Color is hosting another mosaic contest, courtesy of Lark cottons. These are a great way to play with a theme and try out new fabric combinations. Just what I love. 

Everyone here is back to school already and thinking Fall things but I'm not ready to let go of summer quite yet! So I paired deep blues and late afternoon yellows with earthy hints of green and browns, topped with a splash of summer punch red. I call it: Indian Summer.

List of fabrics L-R, top to bottom.
architextures scribble notes navy
mini pearls red
sun prints mercury yellow
architextures crosshatch fern
playful viewfinders multi
bohemian soul endless dream hay
central park floral carousel orange
modern workshop cultivated flowers society red
madrona road haystack slate

Come check out all the great combos and vote for your favorite!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

August Split

 Between vacationing and adventures and work I did manage to finish my July ALYOF goal - but forgot to blog and link it up.  Ooops. The quilting was finished before the end of le tour though and I'll be sharing that soon.  

However, today is all about August goals. I'll be keeping it simple this month & hopefully will remember to link it up at the end! I made these Split 9 patch blocks as a sample for my Junior Quilter group at work and loved the first ones so much I decided to make more.  Now all 9 are finished and my Goal is to sew them together into a top.  I tested out a variety of layouts and will have to commit to one soon to make this goal.  Linking up over at Fiber of All Sorts!