I'm thinking of using the Granny Square block for my JQ kids; which meant I had to try it out first. ;) I cut my squares at 3" instead of 2.5" and like that look best. It'll be a great block for the girls to work on their precision sewing. I may need to make a few other 'samples' just to be sure I have it right.
Then I pulled out my Modern Blocks book and started flipping and marking pages of blocks to try. I started with a fairly simple one - Boxed In - and really enjoyed putting it together from my scraps. This would also be neat as a super-sized block for a baby quilt/wall quilt. Oh the possibilities!
I then pulled out the templates Momm made me for drunkards path blocks and finally tackled curve piecing! No pins, no fear - I just started zipping them through. I think the hardest part is cutting out the pieces. They went together really quick and I love how the design possibilities are endless.
I wanted to make a butterfly block, but realized too late I had sewn too many curves and didn't have enough squares. So I made this layout instead - I love it! It might become a pillow or maybe just a mini quilt to hang on my wall. [yes....I like that idea] :)
-J's quilt: still quilting
-roman stripe blocks