Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP :: 2/8/12

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedNot a whole lot to show this week - it's a bit busy at work right now.  Also, no photos today.  Maybe next time.
:Week in review:
Sat: School Block Reception for all the participants.  We had 94(!) people attend and it was great to have the kids there to receive their certificates & ribbons. They love to see their quilt blocks hanging in the gallery, along with checking out everyone else's block.  This year we had 176 blocks entered, from 17 states! 
Tues: Junior Quilters - I love seeing how 9 kids can be making the same quilt pattern, but each will turn out differently because of their fabric choices.  Best job ever!
Wed: JQ volunteer hours - cutting fabric, sorting, general helpfulness.
Thurs: will kick off my Girl Scout series. 11 girls coming for 4 weeks to make a small quilt.


Phew!  with all of that it's no wonder I haven't gotten much done with my own quilts.


Complete
Okay, so this wasn't one of my projects, but it is still a finish! I needed a sample of the quilt that the scouts will be making in their series.  After changing my mind on patterns on Mon., I finally got the blocks together and sewn into a top today. (Nothing like waiting for the last minute).  I ran out of the Charcoal Kona for my background, and it was out at Hancock's *gasp* so I used black instead on 3 of the setting triangles. Gives it a neat look.


In-Progress
Swoon
Finished all 9 blocks - Hooray!  Blogged about 'em as well here, so I won't repeat the photo.  Next up is the sashing.


New
Sparkle QAL - hosted by Megan at Canoe Ridge Creations and Jeni at In Color Order - I played with some fabric ideas a couple weeks ago for this, but not with any solid intentions in joining in.  Well, once I pulled fabrics, that was that.  I cut my pieces out for a 4-block mini size sparkle quilt and just need to figure out a background.

No Progress
Star Dots - still sitting pretty on my table
Pineapple - waiting for the greens & basting


In the pile
-Swap blocks need to be sent this week
-Summer Sampler
-GS Quilt
-Hawaiian applique block
-Sunflower applique

No comments:

Post a Comment