Tuesday, February 14, 2012

give a little love today

Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt that the sun doth move,
Doubt truth be a liar, 
But never doubt I love.  
~ Hamlet, Shakespeare


Happy Valentine's Day dear readers!  Hope you all got a little love & gave some of your own today.

Last night I went and glazed a bowl for the Empty Bowls project with a group from Rotaract.  It was lots of fun to decide on colors & design for bowls that will be used at an event to fundraise money for the local community kitchen.  At the event, you pay $15 and get to pick a glazed bowl (most likely not your own) that you keep.  Restaurants from around town will be there with food and you get to eat what you want with your awesome bowl.  Last year I'm told there were 900 bowls and it sold out.  This year they made 1,200 bowls and I have no doubt it will sell out again.

We also had snow flurries briefly yesterday that slowly turned into sleet and then rain.  Since it's probably the most snow we'll get this year, it was fun while it lasted!

It's been busy at work - I usually have a lot of GS events this month (2 this week!) and we also have a beginner class running as well.  Thankfully, I don't teach that one; otherwise I'd be at work all night, every night.  I'm also now the keeper of the rentals book for the classrooms and just had the first one call in this week.  Of course, I hadn't yet had the chance to look in depth at it all, but I guess it's true that when it rains it pours.

This weekend I worked to finish cleaning that was started last week, worked out, hit the grocery store & talked myself into going to Hancock's (like that was hard....) and bump my idea of a mini Sparkle quilt into a larger size for my wall.  After finding a good background color & chancing into a fun backing, I came home to work away at the 9 blocks.  I have 6 finished and the rest are cut & waiting to be sewn together.  I'm loving how it's looking so far and must remember to snap a photo of them all assembled!

 For Valentine's Day I celebrated by relaxing and chilling out here at home.  I made Chicken Bono with mashed potato & broccoli and had my own candlelit dinner; with some leftover cheesecake for dessert.  Multitasking was at a high as I got in a short workout while everything was cooking. I had every intention of getting the rest of my Sparkle blocks finished, but ended up reading for a bit and then watching Casablanca for the first time.  I enjoyed it and my favorite character was Louis. Such a sneaky policeman!  I also spotted these floating around - Psych inspired Valentine's!  love it.

love is more thicker than forget
more thinner than recall
more seldom than a wave is wet
more frequent than to fail

it is most mad and moonly
and less it shall unbe
than all the sea which only
is deeper than the sea

love is less always than to win
less never than alive
less bigger than the least begin
less little than forgive

it is most sane and sunly
and more it cannot die
than all the sky which only
is higher than the sky
~ e e cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment