Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trial Run Complete

Last week at work I had my first group of school students come in for a tour & hands-on activity.  I didn't give the tour as I'm still learning that part of the job.  I tend to tag a long on tours when I can to soak up the information!  Back to the school group story.....

It was a group of 20 students and we did the paper folded star activity (see children hands-on).  It's a fun project as every star turns out different due to color choice & placement and the child's creativity.  I managed to give the right directions, keep the kids from going wild and even remembered to have them fill out the evaluation forms!  Yay!  :o)

It was fun to do and worked out well which is a good first run for me with these activities. We have a large group coming in later this month so at least I know what to expect and what I need to work on to keep it going smoothly.  Now I'm working on our next 2nd Saturday project for November - I'm thinking turkeys or fall leaves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment