Friday, November 19, 2010

First Impressions

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I

Wow.  I am so glad they decided to make book 7 into two movies, because the first 2 hours was incredible and we've still got plenty to go through before we come to the end!  People in the theater were groaning in disbelief that part I had already come to and end!  I imagine at the end of part II, there will be disappointment that this series has come to an end.

The story followed the book fairly well and I enjoyed every minute.  While there are always differences due to the book-to-film translation and what my imagination has created, there weren't too many glaringly obvious changes in this film. *phew*   It definitely has set a good grounding for what's to come in part II and there's plenty of information uncovered.  I'd like to have seen more of Harry, Hermione & Ron traveling the country-side looking for Horcruxes as there wasn't a lot of time to build up some of the story/character developments.  The action was super as were the characters - Ron really got to step up a bit in this one compared to some of the earlier films where I think he gets a bit overshadowed by Harry & Hermione. Time-wise the movie was a bit short compared to previous films, but full of good things so it's well worth a trip to the theater at least once, if not twice.

Midnight shows are awesome and I'm still hyped up!  However, I'll close here and follow-up with more later as I know 7am will come early.


No comments:

Post a Comment