Monday, June 3, 2013

June Project link-up

So now that it's June (how did that happen?!) I'm here with my project to finish for the Lovely Year of Finishes June link-up.  I'm determined to finish the quilting and bind my Roman Stripe quilt this month!  


I'm quilting the grey triangles with different designs across the quilt.  Matching the multiple shades of grey with Aurifil grey threads for the majority of the spaces and a few are quilted with a bright pink to give it some extra pop.  

  Here's a shot of some quilted parts already and the more I work on it, the more it seems as those the triangles are multiplying!  I've used inspiration from Angela Walters' book Free-Motion Quilting and Leah Day's the 365 FMQ project site and love how they look!

I plan on using scrappy binding in the pink/cerise colors with a little of the teal/aqua thrown in for fun.  Can't wait to have this one wrapped up and ready to go so I best get to it. 


A Lovely Year of Finishes

Be sure to check out and cheer on all of us for our June projects at Fiber of All Sorts!  There's still time to choose your own finish and link up as well.   :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like your quilt. Did you use strips that are the same width for your striping?

    ReplyDelete