Tuesday, June 25, 2013

what's up buttercup?

Where to begin!  It's been all sorts of busy summer-time fun over here as I buzz around in the sunshine.




Let's see, I went to Lexington for the Kentucky Museum & Heritage Alliance conference. That was really fun: time travelled to Eastern Time Zone & back, met some great people, gained a lot of good ideas from the breakout sessions, dinner in the hangar of the Aviation museum, danced some vintage dances.
inside a jet engine

ready to sew pieces
I spent a good couple of weeks prepping for Quilt Camp which meant cutting 1800 pieces for the Beginner classes!  I had some awesome volunteers help with that and with the actual camp itself.  I had 29 kids last week and they all created some really wonderful quilts.  It's always a fun time having the kids in - we go through the galleries and are surrounded by quilts galore!  




Beginner camper quilts!
This week I have my Intermediate and Advanced camps which are going well.  These kids learn to measure & use rotary cutters and keep bettering their quilt skills.  I want to keep all of their blocks because they are so great. 

I'm also thrilled to see that my School Block Challenge fabric picks arrived today!  Can't wait to pull those pretties out of the boxes and dream about what the kids will create.



Dad came down for Father's Day weekend!  We packed a lot into our waking hours: river walk, Star Wars!, games, sitting on the balcony, 10 mile bike ride, hockey, made Star Wars pancakes and more.  There's always more that pops up onto our lists of things to do so we'll just have to have more weekends planned.

me & dad!
It's been tough getting things accomplished in the evenings during the Stanley Cup playoffs - you just can't look away from the game.  The entire playoff season has been fantastic, and the final match-up of Boston & Chicago was spectacular.  Amazing finish yesterday with a stunning comeback win by the Blackhawks who are now Champions.  It's fun to think that hockey has finished just in time for the start of the 100th Tour de France on Saturday.  :)

All of that in the last month and I didn't even cover all the quilty progress that's been popping up in my projects!  Stay tuned for that in a back-to-back update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment