Tuesday, June 25, 2013

what's the word hummingbird?

A great way to unwind after work is to sit out on my balcony with a book and watch the hummingbirds zip around.  So pleasant.  :)

After a last week's Quilt Camp groups, I had some serious quilting mojo running all weekend.  I finally got all the quilting finished on my Roman stripe quilt, assembled binding and attached it to the quilt.  I'm working on stitching it down this week and just absolutely love it!  Can't wait to share the finished quilt with you all.


I also stopped into Hancock's and decided on backing fabric for my kaleidoscope quilt.  It took some serious auditioning and thinking, but I brought home this cute Navy Jump print from Happy Go Lucky!

I even had enough batting bits in my stash to piece the batting for this quilt too.  Now I just need to decide on how to quilt it!  


Those batting bits were also big enough to piece batt for my Athena Puzzle quilt top too!  Hooray.  This is the quilt made from batik strips that I won at Quilt Retreat several years ago. It's closer to becoming a 'real' quilt - finished and bound.  I basted it today so it's ready to go.  



Lastly I pulled out the fabric for Momm's strip quilt and finally did my piece of it.  By finally, I mean this has been about 5 years in the making.....sorry Momm!  I can't show you my piece yet because it's a surprise for Momm too.  hehehe  I'm so excited to check this off the list and really like how my idea worked out.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Whew, that sounds like all the progress happening in my corner.  Hope you get to make progress of your own this week dear readers!  Enjoy the sunshine.  I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday this week - go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment