Thursday, May 30, 2013

hello again

Summer is here!  These last couple of weeks I've been feeling all the summery vibes brought on by warm weather & sunshine, the pool opening, last days of school tours and holiday weekends.  Great vibes really and they are inspiring me to make some summer-type plans and adventures.  What they are not doing is making it easy to be inside all day at work and getting things done around the house!

In any case, there has been lots of thinking about chores, hockey playoffs, shopping and a little bit of sewing sprinkled in here & there.  At work I've been making up some samples for our June Quilt Camp and am super excited!  It's always a fun time and I even scored some bating donations too which will make life a whole lot easier. The next few weeks will be prepping materials: cutting fabric, changing rotary blades, cutting batting & backing fabrics and winding bobbins.  Hooray!

A couple weeks ago I also pieced together my backing fabric for my Roman Stripe quilt and got it basted!  This was my May project for the Lovely Year of Finishes over at Fiber of All Sorts.  Another month finished & here's my original link up for May. 
quilting in action
 I have started to quilt it and that is taking me longer than originally planned due to all those summer vibes mentioned above.   :)  Perhaps this will be the June project...

I also managed to work in a graduation gift for one of my Junior Quilters who is awesome!  It was fun to pull some purple fabrics together and whip up this oval box bag (using Aneela's great tutorial).  It's one of my favorites so far that I've made.  


It's so much fun to create things for friends and family and a wonderful way to use my skills.  Creating something for others in need, like the blocks for Boston, is just as rewarding and definitely brings the online community together.  This week I sent off a quilt and some pillowcases to the Oklahoma guild collecting for those impacted by the tornado in Moore.  Check it out if you have a quilt that needs a good home!

No comments:

Post a Comment