Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Sparkles

Another quilt finished!  Who doesn't love finishing a quilt?!  It's always amazing how the quilt transforms during the finishing stages.  Getting the top together is exciting too, but once it gets quilted & trimmed and the binding is ready to hand finish, it had such a different look to it.  It goes from 'work in progress' to looking like a 'real' quilt and I love seeing how that happens each time I finish a quilt.

I'd like to introduce you to Sparks.  
Stats:
Size: 41" x 41"
Fabric: Kate Spain prints from Central Park & Terrain, statshed FQs from Joann's.
Sashing & Binding: Kona Mahogany
Backing: Kaffe Fassett print


Amy's Creative SideMy 9-block version of the Sparkle Quilt A Long from In Color Order & Canoe Ridge Creations.  I'd been following the posts from Jeni & Megan and flipped through the flickr group for a couple weeks before pulling fabric & joining in.  This past week I joined in on the One Thing, One Week Challenge over at Amy's Creative Side.  This helped me get behind the sewing machine to finish quilting during the week; while watching several BTVS episodes.  The Three Musketeers & Princess Bride kept me company through hand sewing the binding. So it was an enjoyably humorous non-stressed finish.


We've had such beautiful weather this weekend and, as you can see, I've found a new place to photo shoot.  This quilt is now hanging right as you come in the door and I can't stop running over to look at it again & again. If you love it as much as I do - go check out the Sparkle QAL Flickr Group and make one for yourself!  :)
Also linking over at Canoe Ridge Creations for the Monday finish!




5 comments:

  1. Love your photo locations. Well done my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really awesome! I finally finished my Sparkle this week as well, and I just love mine. It was a fun QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun back choice (love the sparks)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The bright colors really pop off of the dark background and look great!

    ReplyDelete