Saturday, August 20, 2011

a serious problem

I think I have a problem dear readers - a serious problem.  Right now, I'm currently in the middle of 3 books and ready to jump into another 2 or 3!  Ack! I find it amazing that the brain can keep track of all these story lines and characters and that it hasn't yet driven me crazy to keep slipping from one setting to the next.  Which books am I immersed in you ask?  


1. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater - number 2 in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series
         Now that book 3 has come out, I had to go back and start from the beginning again to remember what all what on in Shiver


2. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
       Yes, I'm 1 of hundreds reading this, & technically, I'm listening to this on CD as all the actual copies are on hold for forever.


3. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling of course!
        After watching the end of the movie series, I got the itch to re-read the books so I started at the beginning and am enjoying my way through *again*


**edit: since writing this I managed to read a 4th book from the library stack! seriously, I'm out of control here.... :)


This way I can read at home, at lunch as desired and in the car around town! I even have a couple other books from the library patiently waiting to be read before their deadlines.  As it happens, every time I have books on hold from the library - they all come in at the same time! - and then I have only 2 weeks to read them before they go back onto the shelf.


I also have a stack of books on long-term loan from mom that are also patiently waiting to be opened and read.  So as you can see, I've got a serious problem at the moment - too many books to read & not enough time or eyes to do it in! What's a girl to do? Cram in as much reading as she can until her eyes go blurry seems to be the best solution. Of course, that tends to be a problem once you factor in all those silly day to day things we do.


What's on your reading list? 

1 comment:

  1. I just read the new Terry Pratchett, Thud.

    I think you'd like the new books by Patricia Wrede: Thirteenth Child, and Beyond the Great Barrier. It's fantasy set in a post-civil war wild west where people just happen to be able to do different types of magic.

    ReplyDelete