Saturday, August 13, 2011

sampler style

I've finished up my 12 blocks for the Summer Sampler series.  It was my first quilt-a-long and I thoroughly enjoyed the process of putting these blocks together. The masterminds behind it chose some great blocks and I'm sure some of them will be showing up as Junior Quilter or Quilt Camp projects in the future!  I'm glad that my fabric choices held out since a couple of them were leftover pieces from other projects - that made choosing colors for some of the blocks complicated as I didn't always have enough of one print to work where I wanted.
12 of 12 blocks - done!

I love how they all work together and I'll be debating sashing colors, borders, quilting design etc. in order to finish this up.  I especially enjoyed the fact that I could do these blocks on my time and sit with them as long as I needed for color selection and techniques.  It was nice to not feel rushed to finish them in a specific time frame and wonderful to see all the blocks in the flickr pool.  I'll be on the lookout for the next quilt-a-long that strikes my fancy and working on some ongoing projects in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment