Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Twinkling Stars baby quilt

So you might know by now that I love making baby quilts for friends! Choosing colors or designs to match a nursery, or to create some fun for the new baby, to the crinkles after it goes through the wash before gifting - it's always such fun to create. Something about the joy of making something special for the new baby just makes me smile.

This quilt was no different, and it went to some dear friends of mine having their 4th girl. I made the older 2 girls book pillows, and the 3rd a star quilt too, so this one definitely had a theme of stars already decided.

I upsized the squares to about 3" from the mini I made earlier in the year for the #tqs_secretcolourswap2021. It took several days to choose and cut squares from the stash, and to create a variety of HSTs and trim them, but so worth it.


All the fabric came from my stash, and you know I love that scrappy look! The low volume prints really stand out and create twinkling movement. I used some favorite hoarded prints for the backing and free motion quilted it; there are 4 bees tucked into the quilting.



It was gifted to the new baby in September, and my friend sends me photos of the quilts in use which just makes my day & I know it'll be well loved!









No comments:

Post a Comment