Monday, December 20, 2021

Contra Dance experiment

Back in the spring I was on a roll with finishing up some smaller quilts. This one however, was a brand new project start to finish! Say hi to Contra Dance.


I got a Classic Curves Ruler by Colorgirlquilts for my birthday, and wanted to play with some curved piecing. I've had the gold and maroon fabrics for years waiting to be turned into a project, so I pulled those out to start. As I cut the curves - so easy with the ruler - and started pairing them up, I added the other colors, and eventually added the pop of mint green. That spiced up the rest of the pieces and it was fun combining these blocks together.

The solid squares helped keep the design on the modern, fresh side, and it took a little bit of debating before deciding on a final layout. I quilted straight lines with my walking foot and a light mint thread color, it's finished with facing and a hanging sleeve, measuring 24.5" x 24.5", and is entirely pulled from stash fabrics!


No comments:

Post a Comment