Thursday, October 21, 2021

Lanterns - quilt finish

 This was another small quilt top that I pulled out and finished in Jan/Feb this year. It's an original design, which started as a drawing/doodle, that I was able to do the math for it and turn into an actual quilt top at Quilt Retreat in 2017. So it's been waiting patiently to be finished and I'm thrilled it's done!

I used a a charm pack of 'Flow' by Zen Chic and a grey dot background fabric. The hexagonal shapes reminded me of folded paper lanterns, so that's where the name comes from.

I used straight line quilting, spaced 1/4" apart (for a modern look) with grey thread in the background, and coordinating thread colors through the lanterns for an added pop!

Finished with a dark grey zigzag binding, it measures 27" x 37."


No comments:

Post a Comment