Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunfish Adrift

Doing some catch up here updating my finished quilts from the year! Starting with a mini quilt titled "Sunfish Adrift" which I finished back in January.


It's based on a photo I took one summer at the camp where I worked. It was on the river, and I spent a lot of time on the waterfront. The photo, and this quilt, capture the look of several sunfish sailboats moored just off-shore waiting for the next class to arrive.

 I dye-painted this piece in a class with Hollis Chatelain in 2019, which was a really great experience! It lingered a little bit and then early this year I knew it would be a fast finish to kick off the year. 

Free-motion quilting with Aurifil threads, and measuring 18.5" x 20," it is finished with facing, and a sleeve. Of course there's a lil bee in there too - can you spot it?


No comments:

Post a Comment