Saturday, October 29, 2016

Swap Spectacular

Earlier this year I joined the #quietplayswap on Instagram hosted by @shoppershaz_swaphost and had us using paper pieced patterns by @quietplay. Her patterns are amazing and a lot of fun to sew so be sure to check those out! I joined the #qpteamlove in the swap - meaning I'd make a 16" Circle of Love quilt and get one in return.

I pulled fabrics from my stash, with an emphasis on orange, as my partner said it was her favorite color. I wanted my design break out from the layout options on the pattern, so it took me a few days to figure out the final layout & color placement. It came together pretty quickly for paper piecing.
This was on my Quarter4 2016 FAL list and linking up at CrazyMomQuilts for Finish It Up Friday. Linking up at SloStudio for the finale of the 2016FAL.

It's quilted with coordinating Aurifil threads in the color pops, machine bound with the background fabric and backed in an orange print complete with hanging corners. My partner received it this week and I hope she loves it!

In return - I received this circle of love quilt all the way from Maine and absolutely love it! It reminds me of a slice of fruit and I can't wait to put it up on my wall!



2 comments:

  1. Both of these reflect your fabric personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete