Saturday, November 12, 2016

Celebrate



What I love about making quilts is the love and care and effort that goes into each one. When those quilts are gifted - all of that love and care gets passed onto the recipient. After reading Megan's latest post (canoeridgecreations) about collecting blocks for fallen police officers - I knew I had to make some. Here are my 2 blocks ready to send so they can become quilts full of love and hugs for those who need them most.


Another one of my mini finishes from my Quarter 4 FAL list is my Celebrate quilt! This was my word of the year a couple years ago (yes-this quilt was waaay late) and I came up with this idea to *ha* celebrate it in a quilt. :)

I cut out the letters and raw edge appliquéd them to the quilt. Then I free motion quilted with Aurifil 2415 40 wt. to add events/moments from throughout the year in the rest of it. Such a fun year! Linking this up at SloStudio for the finale of the 2016FAL.

This past weekend I got my act together in sewing sleeves on some quilts and pulled out the 3M hooks so I could *finally* hang up my mini quilts on the wall of my sewing room. This is a small portion of the wall - right above my cutting table. Having these up changes the look of my room and I absolutely love looking at them every time I enter the room! Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at CrazyMomQuilts.
::Quilts shown::
Top quilt- Tour de France, L-R: Celebrate, B! mini, Quiet Play circle of love swap, Bottom L: squid from Caohagan Island quilters

3 comments:

  1. We lost an officer, I believe the day before the Iowa ambush that I saw online. It's so tragic, a young man with a wife, a small child and a baby.
    I will see what I can find in my stash for the quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole wall of mini quilts is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for finishing the Celebrate quilt, it's lovely. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete