Friday, January 22, 2016

Thank You Bags

I made these two bags as thank you gifts for a couple of my coworkers. This was my OMG project for January (read more here) and they are also on my Q1 list for the Finish Along 2016.  It's nice to start out with an early finish w/a purpose. 
2016 FAL

A drawstring bag for L in batiks -her current fave. While purple is 'her' color, I was looking to get away from that at first and try something different. Of course, I then found this perfect fabric and I just went with that! Q1 FAL link post bag 1 found here.

Zipper bag for the other L - a new to me way of making it which turned out fairly simple to do. I chose something I thought she'd like and ta-da! Q1 FAL link bag 2 is here.

Linking up at the following when available!
Crazymomquilts for FinishItUpFriday
RedLetterQuilts for One Monthly Goal January
Finish Along 2016 - Q1 original list

5 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on two fine finishes! Batiks make projects look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit of a "bag lady" myself and enjoy making bags. Those two are very pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making bags is fun-yours are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both bags are great, especially with those fabrics! Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete