Thursday, January 14, 2016

FAL Q1 2016-style

I've participated in the Finish Along since 2013 and am looking forward to joining in again this year as well. I like the extra bit of motivation that comes from posting my list here in the blog-i-verse.  :) 

Thought I'd start out big - I never know where inspiration will hit and it's fun to have options. It's exciting to see how much the Finish Along has grown over the years and how great to have so many host blogs for the linkups!


I'll be linking up my 2016 Quarter 1 list over at Slo Studio before heading off to get stitching.


2016 FAL


Big Bear Quilt - Top is complete, needs backing, quilting & binding. He also needs a good name!


Disco - Currently basted, needs quilting & binding.


Science Fair - Currently basted, needs quilting & binding.

Charm Stamps - Block complete and ready to sew together into a Top.

Table Topper - I've got a hexagonal end table and plan to make a block from the Park Bench pattern book. Fabric pulled - though there will need to be edits!


gift bag #1 - drawstring bag for a coworker as a thank you gift. Fabric pulled, pieces cut and ready to make!


gift bag #2 - zipper pouch for a coworker as a thank you gift. Last sides need to be stitched up!

Gala quilt - It's our 25th anniversary year at work and we're having a staff challenge with the theme: Gala of the Unexpected.  We're limited to 18"/side for these, so it shouldn't be too difficult in that regard. I'm planning to use zippers for this one - all. the. zippers!


Marsala quilt - Top is complete, needs backing, quilting & binding.

Girl Scout quilt - Top complete, but needs to be edited, which will involve much seam ripping.  Needs backing, quilting & binding. This one is back on the FAL list again because it motivates me to work on it!



2 comments:

  1. That is quite a lot. I agree that it helps make progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polar bear is gorgeous! He reminds me of the polar bear in the Coke commercials. I'd call him Vanilla Coke! LOL

    ReplyDelete