Thursday, December 31, 2015

Episode V

Now that Christmas is over, I can also share with you my completed secret quilts I made for gifts this year. It started with me taking a workshop with Laura Wasilowski on turning your own idea/inspiration into a quilt. So while making the Episode IV quilt for my dad, I realized my brother would probably want one too. 

This one is Episode V- It's a Trap! and includes a Millennium Falcon and a Death Star. It turned out really well and also includes quilted stars and glow-in-the-dark thread! I used Star Wars fabrics for the backing and wrote my label to look like the opening scroll text - just like the first one. This was a lot of fun to make - happy Christmas J!

This was on my Finish Along Q4 list as Codename: Icetime and am happy to say it's finished and gifted now. Wahoo! Linking up at OntheWindySide one last time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment