Thursday, December 31, 2015

Episode IV

Now that Christmas is over, I can also share with you my completed secret quilts I made for gifts this year. It started with me taking a workshop with Laura Wasilowski on turning your own idea/inspiration into a quilt.  Laura uses raw-edge fusing for her quilts and I had a brainwave that this was how I could make a Death Star quilt for my dad!


I printed out some images from online to get the right size/shape pulled fabrics from my stash (and momm's) and got started making my Death Star!  I love how it turned out -and so did the other participants in the class. I added some hand stitched laser bolts, quilted in some stars in the background and used my glow-in-the-dark thread to add a few stars and the x-wing jet trails.


I used Star Wars fabrics for the backing and wrote my label to look like the opening scroll text.  :) So I named this one Episode IV - That's No Moon! It's already hanging in dad's office - yay! This was on my Q4 list for the Finish Along as Codename: Slapquilt and I'm happy it's finished. Linked up to OntheWindySide for the finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment