Thursday, April 3, 2014

milestone entries

[This is my 200th post!  When I started blogging I thought I'd just try it out for a bit and see if I liked it enough to continue.  Obviously, I liked it a lot and love having a space to express my quiltings & adventures. Thanks for reading along!]

 Rachel at Stitched in Color has another fantastic mosaic contest running through tonight titled Ethereal. I love entering these because it's fun to play with fabric and color!

My entry: Ethereal Textures


Fabrics from top L-R: 
Cotton Solid- Light Turquoise; Bella Solid Almond; Botanics- Leaves Charcoal; Botanics- Graph Paper Curry; California Girl- Mosaic Tilework Seaglass; Botanics- Branches Ash;  Boho- Flower Child Meadow; Architextures- Crosshatch Grey; Sun Print-Text Orange; Cotton Solids Light Lime; Honeysweet- Cobblestone Persimmon; Barcelona- City Map Cream

 
It was fun to make since I'm not usually drawn to pastels.  I ended up pulling some soft, warm tones and most of them have some texture that gives them a little more interest.  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not usually drawn to pastels either, but like you said it's good to experiment with color. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete