Tuesday, April 15, 2014

bee-utiful napkins!

I had fun finishing up my napkins for this summer.  They are the same hive print from Honey Honey - in the blue and orange color ways.  I used my Clover binding clips to help hold the hems down on the first couple of napkins and they worked like a charm.   


While talking to Momm about quilty things recently, she remembered that our machines came with a foot for hemming.  So I pulled out my manual, found the Rolled Hem Foot D and looked up how to use it.  It took a few trial runs and some seam ripping…but I managed to make a fairly decent rolled hem on the rest of the napkins.  The corners were by far the trickiest and I need some more practice on those for next time.


It was fun to learn a new skill and use some of the other feet that came with Gilbert.  He worked through these like a pro!  I love my machine!  :D

I'll link this up at Fiber of All Sorts for my April ALYOF project.  Now that it's nice enough for dinner out on the deck I can put them to good use.
*Edit: linking up at The Littlest Thistle for the FAL Quarter 2 - number 213.  This one was on my original Q2 list and was a quick finish!

1 comment: