Monday, October 21, 2013

Secret Project Reveal!

A bit overdue in sharing this secret project with you readers!  Was so excited to make this quilt and gift it to good friends.  Can you guess what it is?


please ignore the wrinkly bits
The Empire State Building of course!   
I made this quilt for good friends L&D (miss you guys!) and knew it would a perfect quilt for them seeing as they got engaged at the top of the Empire State Building and had a NY themed wedding.  Seriously, could it be any more ideal?  I submit that it cannot! :D

I had the city skyline print in my stash and only one piece of the tan I used for the actual building.  No room for mistakes!  The building fabric was also an ombre print which made it even better.  I Googled images of the ESB and found a great line drawing to help me get the outline accurate.

The building & tower are fused to the backing and machine appliqued with a button hole stitch.  I machine quilted lightly - just an outline around the ESB and some lines out from the tower.

L&D have already got it on their wall at home and I hope they love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment