Monday, July 8, 2013

Quilts on Deck

Heading into the next Quarter takes us into fall - I'm not sure I'm ready for that to be in the back of my mind just yet.  I'm going to challenge myself this time around and have a longer list ready.  We'll see how that turns out on the other side!
she can quilt

1. Kaleidoscope quilt - this one is a carry over from Quarter 2 and next up for Gilbert to tackle.  Even though I didn't finish it last quarter, I do have the backing and batting prepped so it's ready to baste.  Still undecided about how to quilt it, but will figure that out soon enough.

2. Swoon quilt - I joined the Swoon Along on flickr last year when I started this quilt. Right now the top is finished & the backing almost all together.  I need to baste and figure out how to quilt this one so it's ready to use come Fall on my bed.  I waited to quilt this one until I had my new machine and know that Gil will be up to the task!


3.  GS Quilt-  this was fun to piece....until I decided i need to make the center strips shorter so I'll be seam ripping and trimming and re-piecing the top.  Then it'll just need backing and a decision on how to quilt it.  *phew*


4. Table/Counter runner - this is a more recent start, but does need to be finished soon as it'll be a gift.  I have strips cut and backing ready, so it's almost complete.  I'm using the strippy table runner tutorial from ps I quilt.  


5. Pinwheels- This is a quilt top from Momm that is intended to be a quilt to donate. The blocks are from a Triangle Tricks class we took together. A perfect summery quilt waiting to be basted, backed, quilted and bound!

Catch you on the flip side Finish a Longers!

1 comment:

  1. These all look terrific--love the pinwheels quilt. I also enjoyed seeing all the other projects ready and waiting for time to do them. Excellent list!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete