Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP :: 4/11/12

I got back into the sewing groove for a little bit this weekend!  There was so much to do at home for Easter - some cleaning, baking (lemon truffles & cookies), sitting out on the balcony enjoying the sunshine, buying pretty tulips to decorate the counters.  It was a relaxing weekend and awesome to go to Easter Vigil Mass - I love watching people enter the Church and all the ceremony that goes with Vigil Mass - incense, fire, candles, multiple Sacraments - awesome!


Star Dot with thread
I told myself that I would work on some of the quilts from the pile so they don't languish away and I actually followed through on that! Linking up at Lee's with some actual progress this week.  
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

in progress
-Star Dot: this sucker is basted and I decided to use some of my new colors of thread to quilt this!  I also have binding fabric picked out & am ready to get started!


sampler quilt pre-border
- Summer Sampler: I've added the border to this quilt top & have to make sure the backing fabric is to size.  The catch? how to quilt it....


-Swoon - still need to figure out how much backing fabric I'll need - looks like I'll be pulling out the colored pencils & calculator this week!


in the pile
-GS Quilt

-Yellow Brick Road/Psalm quilt
-Hawaiian applique block

-Sunflower applique

1 comment:

  1. such pretty thread colors!! I'm partial to the summer sampler quilt myself. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete