Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday

 I keep telling myself I'm going to join in on the WIP and finally managed to do just that!  So here it is - my first WIP link up:


New:
Swoon Quilt
  I am so excited to get started on this quilt!  This one will be for my bed so it's doubly exciting. I have the pieces all cut and ready to go for quilt retreat this weekend, so we'll see how many blocks I can make. 




Swaps
  I joined two swaps this month - my first ones ever online - and so far so good.  I've sent off my charm squares for Ellison Lane Quilts I Spy Charm Swap already so my part is finished.
  I also joined the Japanese X and + block swap on flickr and have 15 blocks made for that.  I just need to get it together and mail those out stat!


Pineapple
This started out as a mug rug gift for a friend and quickly became a mini quilt size.  Also headed to retreat to finish the top & quilt it.


Star Dots
This will also be a mini wall quilt. It's inspired by In Color Order's Giant Vintage star quilt and scaled down to the size I want.  I'm using all polka dot fabrics in different colors for this - can't wait to see it come together.


Completed:
some of the ones I made
Mug Rugs
As part of the retreat, each person gets little favors at each meal and I was drafted asked to help make enough for the group. These have been a lot of fun to make as they are small and ideal for trying out new ideas or using up scraps.  I finished the last one up tonight, just in time to pack it in the suitcase.




Other assorted WIPs at the moment:
Summer Sampler quilt - top completed. borders, backing & binding are ready to go
Girl Scout quilt - top completed, but needs to be ripped & trimmed & then re-sewn.  
Hawaiian Applique block - started.  usually picked up as the mood strikes
Sunflower applique - partially stitched, see above.


Linking up at Freshly Pieced - be sure to check out all the other great WIPs today!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


No comments:

Post a Comment