Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Vibrato

Another quilt added to the Finishes column! My March goal was to bind this quilt - so I'll be linking up at Fiber of All Sorts for this ALYOF goal. This quilt is also on my Q1 list for the Finish-Along and I'm linked up at On the Windy Side for the finish. I love how this turned out! In my earlier post, I mentioned the inspiration from Disney's Fantasia soundtrack so I decided to name it Vibrato.

detail of quilting- L side

detail of quilting- R side

Quilt Stats:
Size: 39.5"H x 42"W
Pattern: The central motif is the Table Runner pattern from A Quilter's Mixology & I turned that into a wall quilt by adding extra width of background.
Fabric:
Central motif: different colors of the same print -found at a quilt shop adventure with Momm, C & P.
Background fabric - Sketch by Timeless Treasures in Purple.
Backing fabric: Pink print picked up from the remnant bin at Hancock's
Binding: Aboriginal Dot by Kaffe Fasset
Quilting: In the ditch in the central motif & echoing lines in the background using both a walking foot & free-motioned in coordinating Aurifil threads

6 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous - great pattern and colours. I am always so impressed by people who make quilts with curves. I am too chicken... Perhaps one day I'll give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tie-in with Fantasia. It's really a cool looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete