Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week to Week

return of the snow day!
It's hard to believe that this time last week I had the second snow day of the year due to another foot of snow; while today hit 60, sunny with a breeze promising Spring. What a difference! All the snow made perfect quilting weather with some small breaks for snow angels, soup making and catching up with friends. Once I can get some decent pictures of the quilts I finished I'll be able to post those here!


Had some trouble with a snowman, so I opted for a Dalek instead! Better watch out if you've still got snow on the ground.  :)

Detail of my #disco quilt - had enough fabric to add a couple rows so this will be big enough for the bed! I mixed a FQ pack of Architextures and some yardage of Botanics for this quilt and am loving how it's turned out now that the top is complete.


Worked on finishing up my watercolor quilt from the class I took with Katie PasquiniMasopust.  I pulled out my trusty Aurifil threads and used all the colors you see in the picture to quilt this. I chose a matching turquoise for the binding and will have a finished picture soon. This quilt is on my Q1 FAL list so it was nice to wrap this one up.

Paper Pieces is a new business here in town and I was able to stop in the other week with a coworker. They were great and we came away with some sample packs to learn how to English Paper Piece. Of course, once back at work we sat down to stitch up our very first flowers.  Several days later I saw the instagram from Tales of Cloth about making #flowersforeleni so I decided to put my skill to work.  I made two more flowers and sent those off in the mail. What a great way to share our talents with those who need them!
my #flowersforeleni 
 With all the snow melting & rain the river is creeping ever higher and since it warmed up so much the mist was enthralling. Spring is on the way friends and I am ready to enjoy it!






No comments:

Post a Comment