Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm gonna wreck it!

Happy Halloween readers!  This year I had a blast figuring out my costume and it turned out really awesome!  
I went as Fix-It Felix and highly recommend watching Wreck It Ralph if you haven't already seen it.
I can Fix it!


I'm squeaking in with my October finish for the Lovely Year of Finishes tonight as well.  Linking up over at Fiber of All Sorts.  This is also my first finish for Quarter 4 Finish A Long and will be linked up accordingly.  Also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday!

I finished up the Pinwheel quilt originally posted here and loved experimenting with the quilting on it.  This was a top Momm made and I used a pieces of red fabric from my stash for backing.  

I quilted it with Aurifil thread and using a flower design around the center.  In the sashing pieces I just did a little swoosh-like motif.  I did little swirls in each of the blocks as well which look really fun on the back.

The binding is fabric from my stash as well and is machine bound.  I'm definitely getting better at the machine binding, though I prefer to finish binding by hand.


quilting back detail
This quilt will be donated to a charity for kids as soon as I can get a box and decide which one to send it to.  There are so many great options out there and I hope whoever gets it feels the love and joy that went into making the quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Of course they will love it. It represents much TLC. And who can resist pinwheels! nice finish.

    ReplyDelete