Sunday, November 24, 2019

Disney Quilt Swap

I signed up for the #disneyquiltswap2019 on Instagram back in August and had a great time working up this Mary Poppins themed mini quilt for my partner! Nabbed this cool rainbow fabric while on vacation and am thrilled with how it worked for this.


I packed in as many film details into it as I could, because who doesn't love Mary Poppins? The skylines I drew first on paper & transferred onto the fabrics, before using a zig-zag to machine appliqué them to the background. Mary's silhouette is also machine appliquéd, which took some patience on my end! Stitching supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to fit around the umbrella added that little extra to make it practically-perfect.


A few details of my trademark bumblebee, birds all around the cathedral and some chimney sweep brushes over the rooftops.

 

Here's a quick look at the label. It's actually both label & hanging corner, which I love adding to swap quilts because it makes it easier to get up on the wall once delivered. My partner had several Mary Poppins ideas in her mosaic, so while it was hard to part with this quilt, I know it went to a good home!

So what did I receive you ask? This AMAZING Tangled themed mini from @bonnybaubles. This is one I kept an eye on during the construction process and hoped it would be mine. Imagine my excitement when I opened up my swap to find this gorgeous quilt!!


The way Janelle used the ombre confetti fabric, just blows my mind, even the shadow of the boat is perfect. Tangled is a favorite of mine and as a long-time Disney & music lover, the addition of the song lyrics is tops! Also - check out the sweet label she made - is that not the best use of the literary library card fabric?! Thank you Janelle! and thanks to @kcswapshost for this fun swap. You can see more finished quilts from this round with #dqscomplete on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment