Saturday, September 1, 2018

Gliders - NQM Block of the Month Club - September


Super excited to share my latest project with everyone - I'm the guest designer for the September block in the Block of the Month Club with the National Quilt Museum. So awesome!

Have you heard about the Club? It's a Free club that encourages quilters of all skill levels to try new techniques & styles each month with a 10"x10" block pattern designed by a guest quilter. Blocks relate to the exhibits or other happenings at the National Quilt Museum. 

You can Join the Facebook group or find the patterns on the Museum websiteIt's not to late to join in on the fun - the club runs through April 2019! 


My block, which I named "Gliders," is made with Foundation Paper Piecing and was inspired by my job as Director of Education at the National Quilt Museum. I share the art of quilting with everybody I encounter and encourage creativity in each person & program which really makes my job the best!


I chose foundation paper piecing because it's such a versatile technique and one that I love. If you need some extra help getting started, or a refresher, I made a tutorial video for the pattern that you can find on the Quilt Museum's YouTube ChannelSo get out your fabric and start stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Fabric consumption is increasing in everyday life which is why I love fabric...

    ReplyDelete