Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tour de France

One of my favorite summer things to do is watch/follow the Tour de France cycling race each July. It's inspiring to watch the riders climb up mountains and zoom through the cities in France, Belgium & the Netherlands. The countryside is always spectacular and it invigorates me to get out on m bike more. 

So le Tour has also inspired me to (what else) make a quilt! I took a stage profile from the 100th Tour and cut it out of custom TdF fabric from Spoonflower.  The background is made up of fabrics representing the 4 main jersey colors in the race: White for best young rider, Green for sprint points, Polka Dot for best mountain climber & Yellow for the leader (best overall time)  of the race. It's more of a table runner size, but I'll probably hang it on the wall once it's complete.


My July ALYOF goal is to finish quilting this! I did straight lines through the profile so the print elements could be seen clearly. The doodles in the picture are drawn on a clear transparency sheet which helps me decide on a design before stitching. I want to keep it related to each of the jerseys & to cycling if possible.  Linking up at Fiber of All Sorts with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment