Wednesday, August 6, 2014

:: Vacation

ready to go!
More updates from the land of summer dear readers - it was nice to go home for a week and relax.  There was lots of sunshine, hugs, home cooked food, biking, picking cherry tomatoes, quilting, skipping rocks, clarineting and Doctor Who.  :D


Momm & I took a day trip with C & P, two quilty friends, to a great shop!  Apparently I talked up the new curved piecing book, A Quilter's Mixology, and we all ended up with a copy.  :)  We decided to do a curves challenge and each picked a project from the book.  We all had a blast choosing fabrics and browsing the stacks of bolts and all came home with small stacks of fabric, naturally.  I went with the clamshell looking Table Runner and will be pulling fabrics for this shortly.  I also worked on my mug rugs for a Summertime Memories swap.


bocce with dad


siblings
J came out for the weekend too and we got to celebrate Kids Day in style!  A holiday staple in our family since forever, we got to enjoy the great outdoors.  M&D went kayaking while J & I went paddle boarding.  This was my first time on a paddle board and it was fun.  I thought for sure I'd wipe out but didn't - hooray!  Slower paced than a kayak but I'd do it again no question.


We  are all hooked on Doctor Who as well, so most of our nights were spent watching more episodes together.  In lieu of finishing the 5th season and being together, we had a themed dinner to celebrate.  So there were fish fingers & custard, fish tacos (for those not adventurous enough), Cool salad - with bow tie pasta and a red pepper fez, bananas and a Sonic Screwdriver cocktail.  

Loads of fun getting everything ready and every bite was delicious.


Momm & I also took our twin Kaleidoscope quilts and my Swoon to the beach where we have our winter retreat.  It was sunny and warm - a nice contrast from January - on Lake Michigan and perfect for our photo shoot.



It's always sad to pack up the car and head south again, but it was a good visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment