Wednesday, July 2, 2014

High Street Twist

I'd forgotten about this small quilt until last week when I was checking on my Quarter 2 list for the Finish a Long.  Here I sat thinking it was already finished, until I went looking for it and realized - nope, not done.  Ack!   I had the backing and batting ready, but not cut to size so I pulled it out over the weekend so I could work on it.

I made the top with the Twister ruler and a charm pack of High Street by Lily Ashbury.  The orange border fabric is one of the prints from this line as well.  Aurifil threads in matching colors of Pink:4020, Orange:2225, Yellow:2115, Green:1231 & Grey:2600 added a bit of interest to the quilting.  I kept the quilting simple with straight lines, but put them at an angle to keep with the twist in the pinwheels.  

I used one of the decorative stitches on my machine for some extra pizazz!  I machine bound this one and used the Orange thread for some color in the grey.


Linking this up to The Littlest Thistle for the Quarter 2 Finish a Long!  So glad I thought to check my original post and have the chance to finish this wall piece.  It's number 214 in the finishes link up party.


No comments:

Post a Comment