Last year I participated in two rounds of a swap on Flickr for X Plus blocks - so much fun! I ended up with 35 blocks and wasn't sure how I wanted to assemble them at first - one lap/wall quilt? -two smaller quilts? -make more blocks for a larger size?
Well the blocks came with me to quilt retreat and I played with them on the design wall for a bit before settling on using them all in a lap size quilt and put together the top. Once home, I found the perfect piece in my stash for backing - this fun DS for Joann's Daisy print. It was just the right size too! It's quilted with straight lines through the pluses and on the diagonal with a blue aurifil thread and bound in the same black sketch-like print (not sure on designer/print) that I used on my Summer Sampler quilt.
It was a lot of fun to make and as it's still wintery cold here in KY, I'll be pulling it out in the evenings. :) Turning the blocks into a quilt was on my list for the Finish A Long Quarter 1 over at She Can Quilt and this is also the project I chose for my March finish in the Lovely Year of Finishes over at Fiber of All Sorts. Here's the start of the month goal setting post. It's nice to cross things off the list and use them instead.
In the meantime, I'll be linking up over at Crazy Mom Quilts for the Friday Finish! Be sure to stop and check out all the fun project finishes.