Thursday, February 28, 2013

Quilt Con love

The inevitable wrap up of my travels to Quilt Con - in short, Awesome!  

The slightly longer version includes just some of the highlights of the trip:

Breakfast of Quilters each morning at Le Cafe Crepe - delicious!  


Photos in the Moda Bakeshop Booth each day with Momm was so much fun.  It was great to meet Lissa from Moda in person as well - instead of just exchanging emails about School Block Challenge.


Fabric!  The vendors had wonderful fabrics and notions and all sorts of quilting deliciousness.  Here are just some of the goodies I brought home with me.  Not pictured is some Architextures and snippets of Pearl Bracelets.  Can't wait to play with them!

the Quilts!  Of course the quilts - so many wonderful quilts and designs and colors.  Such an inspiration to see these all together, face to thread, so to speak.  I've been quilting for about 10 years and seeing quilts that are exciting, that stand out while still being rooted in the history of quilt making was awesome!  I loved having the chance to see some wonderful quilts in person, that I've only seen online.  There are too many favorites to try and show them here so I'll just put this one in.


with Jaybirds awesome Science Fair *squee*

Thanks to all in the MQG who put on a great show!  Thanks to all the talented quilters who were represented in the show and to all those who create beautiful quilts.

My first trip to Austin was excellent:  Great food, good friends, warm weather and a grand time at the 1st ever Quilt Con!   :D


No comments:

Post a Comment