Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Sampler

150px Summer Sampler Series BadgeI've joined in with my first blogging quilt-a-long! I'll be joining in with the Summer Sampler Series as seen on these blogs: Swim, bike, quilt & Freshly Pieced & Fresh Lemon Quilts.  Be sure to check them out!

Greek Cross

Mosaic
 Each quilt-a-long (QAL) that catches my eye makes me want to buy fabric and start sewing - there's so many great projects floating out there.  Usually I bookmark the project so I can come back to it later, but this time I decided I couldn't pass it up.  

My list of projects has diminished somewhat so I have the time to work on this and actually complete it.  It helps that this QAL is only 12 blocks & I'm looking forward to making some different blocks.
Virginia Star





 I originally wanted to do this in all solids as I've been trying to bring in more of those into my quilts. However, once I started pulling from my stash I decided to go with the scrappy look - though I did coordinate colors! I paired it all with Kona cotton in Medium Grey.  

I'm all caught up on the first three blocks and ready to go for the next round this week and ready to go on the next set!

No comments:

Post a Comment