Wednesday, February 6, 2013

a whole weekend of quilting!

Last weekend was the 4th year for Quilt Retreat with Momm!  It was lots of fun as always and we even got snow on Saturday.  The views of Lake Michigan from our sewing room are spectacular.  Good food, good friends, lots of laughs, and lots of quilting!  This year Momm & I decided to make the same pattern in different fabrics.  I ended up with 3 finished tops at the end of the weekend, even though my goal this year to to finish up some WIPs!  Hopefully these won't be waiting too long before they get finished.
I started with a baby quilt for baby BAM!  That was quick to piece together and is super cute. There's no pictures because it's a surprise for a certain Queen C.  :)   First up, Science Fair by Jaybird Quilts - what a fun pattern!  Originally I had a solid royal blue to use for the background, but once I put it up on the design wall it didn't work as all the colors got muddied.  Luckily momm  had enough of this grey print that I could use.  Thanks momm!  :D 






These are X plus blocks I got in a Flickr swap last year and are on my 1st quarter Finish a Long list.  It was fun to arrange and sew them together into a quilt top just the right size for using in the car or hanging on my entry way wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment