Sunday, January 29, 2023

Camp Memories

This piece brings back memories of camp trips out at Rocky Gap State Park. We went most summers as a family; swimming in the lake, canoeing, hiking, campfires, and all that goes with camping & being outdoors! The best weekends!


Sometime back my Momm was giving me some of my mementos from childhood, and this napkin/bandana we colored after a girls only camp trip surfaced. I knew I wanted to keep it, but wasn't sure what to do with it while keeping it....until I realized I could turn it into a quilt!

I had this jungle themed fabric in the stash, and while our camp trips weren't in the jungle - it had the right style to it! I had fun matching thread colors and free emotion quilting the design. It needed a little extra, so I went all in by adding seed stitches throughout the background and really love how it looks. A perfect way to cherish good memories in a mixed style. Even the back has style!

No comments:

Post a Comment