Saturday, December 3, 2022

Syncopated

I find myself admiring quilts made with all solid fabrics, and wanting to emulate that in my own quilts. However, when I try to stick to an all-solids palette, prints work their way into the mix every time! (Not a bad thing at all)!

When thinking of a class project, I decided to challenge myself to make an all solids quilt. Of course, that meant the class was going to make all solid quilts too. The wedges are freehand cut, and machine pieced. I love how the colors blend into each other across the quilt.


It's quilted with coordinating Aurifil threads in organic, wavy lines. My signature bee was added into one of the corners too. Binding is hand finished, and final quilt size is 39" x 52". this was bought by R to brighten up a blank spot on the wall at home and I know it'll be lovely there!

The title 'Syncopated' came from my love of music, and the way the wedges create their own off-beat rhythm of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment