Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Seeing Stone

Naturally, springtime means it's time for a Star Wars themed quilt swap, this year hosted by Kristine @kcswapshost and you can go check out all the amazing quilts at #maythe4thswap2022. Star Wars swaps are such fun - which is why I can't resist!
My partner had some awesome artwork in her mosaic that I used to inspire the design for my quilt. I found the pattern for Grogu from FandominStitches and he is tiny, with some teeny pieces to boot!



I mixed the regular black fabric with the metallic print to add some extra fun, and after Grogu was complete, paper pieced the extra background space around him. I placed him on the Seeing Stone as he reaches out through the Force. It's free motion quilted, with some fun detailing across the stone, and a little bee too.


Secret swaps keep the element of surprise until you open the mail to see what lovely quilt came your way. I was thrilled to open mine and find this awesome Ahsoka mini made by @sew_some_good was for me! I love it a lot and it'll be happy as part of my mini quilt wall at home.

Update Fun Fact: Both of these quilts are featured in Make Modern Issue 47!

Happy quilting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment