Monday, December 30, 2013

end of the year finish

quilted & ready for binding!
detail - campfire
After a fantastic Christmas vacation with family I made it home to deal with the unpacking, errands, reheating the house and finding something edible in the pantry.  Once most of that was out of the way, I managed to squeeze in some quilting this afternoon and finished up the quilting on my Outdoors quilt!

It's been exciting to actually see this become a quilt over the last year - it certainly waited long enough. There's some of the back story here if you're interested.  In short, it's about 6-7 years old, I dusted the pieces off this summer to assemble the top and now all it needs is some binding.  Yay!
detail - trees, flying geese & sky






My December goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes at Fiber of All Sorts was to finish the quilting on this one and what a relief to have this final goal met for the year!  I've participated and finished my goal every month from February - December!!  Thanks for the extra kick in the pants to get these projects finished- can't wait to keep it rolling in 2014!
detail- onderwater fish






This quilt is on my Quarter 4 list for the Finish-A-Long 2013 at She Can Quilt and I should be able to put the binding on it shortly.  This may find a home on the wall in my living room so I'd get to see it everyday.
detail- twinkling stars


A Lovely Year of Finishes

No comments:

Post a Comment