Monday, August 24, 2015

a Quilt Top in 9 Patch


Since I forgot to linkup my July finish, I'm making sure to have the August goal finished.  My goal was to get the 9 Patch blocks sewn into a top. It was fun to twist these up while deciding on the actual layout since the dark & light halves are very eye-catching. Here's which layout I chose -as I liked the almost-symmetricality of the light and dark check marks/chevrons.

I've got this quilt already basted and even started on the quilting over the weekend! So far I've been playing with the triangle/angles for the quilting designs. Linking up at Fiber of All Sorts for the August finishes of  A Lovely Year of Finishes.

5 comments:

  1. That is a very striking top. Love the colors! Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely!! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt !! Colors and design make it look complicated, but it's really not. Congratulations on meeting your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this idea! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting the light and dark together like that was a great idea! I wouldn't have expected the chevron that resulted.

    ReplyDelete