Wednesday, July 11, 2012

100th post!

For all the fabric lovers out there - here's some eye candy for the middle of your week.  It's also my 100th post on the blog!  It's so odd to think I've got 100 posts of quilt & adventure type ramblings.  Thanks for reading along dear readers.   :)


  I went to Hancock's two weekends ago with the intent to purchase backing fabric for my Swoon quilt, and fabric to supplement what i already pulled from my stash for my summertime roman stripe quilt.  I also had the intention to use the gift certificate I'd gotten from J for Christmas!  So awesome.  :)


After walking up & down every aisle (which is no easy task!) and fawning over the solids for some time, here's what came home with me:
the whole lot - aren't they lovely?
The top two prints are Timeless Treasures Keep Calm Multi-color and Vintage Modern Hopscotch in sky.  They aren't for any particular project, I just couldn't resist them.  



These are the pieces I picked out to supplement my summertime Roman Stripe quilt.  It's mostly pulled from stash fabrics in the teal colorway with pops of that cerise color and varying shades of grey for the solid half of the blocks.


fabrics: 
Michael Miller solid, Fog
Vintage Modern, dots in Sky
Robert Kaufman Fusion, teal colored
Timeless Treasures print in fuchsia/cerise


To the right are the large cuts to piece together the backing for my Swoon quilt!  So excited to get working on this again.  The plan is to have 1/2 & 1 yard cuts of the colors make up the backing to re-emphasize the sea glass look of the quilt.


fabrics:
Kona Azure
Bella Solid #9900 75
Wilmington Blue Dot #39065 color 441
Kona Pond
Kona Lagoon

1 comment:

  1. Yay Bee for reaching 100. Love your fabrics. You should have left some here with me : )

    ReplyDelete